We take pictures for different needs at different times. Photoshop is needed to decorate these pictures beautifully. You came to our site to learn “How to change the colour of an image in photoshop?”
- 1 How to change the colour of an image in photoshop?
- 2 How to replace colors in Photoshop: basic tutorial
How to change the colour of an image in photoshop?
For the end we have left you one of the coolest effects for us, but be careful because this is going to take you a little longer.
- Open an image with Photoshop.
- Add a “threshold” adjustment layer and adjust it to your liking (layer> new adjustment layer> threshold).
- Add a uniform color adjustment layer of your preferred color and change it to “split” blending mode.
- Add a layer and paint it white. Apply a noise filter (filters> add noise), lower the opacity of the layer and finally, change its blending mode to “multiply”.
- For an even more vintage effect, add a “Hue / Saturation” adjustment layer and turn the lightness up and down (to your liking!).
Duotone color in Photoshop
Now we tell you how to convert your image into a two-color photo with Photoshop.
- Open your image with Photoshop.
- Apply an adjustment layer “gradient map” (layer> new adjustment layer> gradient map).
- Choose the colors that you like the most… And here is a tip: opt for complementary colors to achieve better effects.
Muted colors in Photoshop
To get those desaturated photos that we love so much at Hello! Creativity We are going to give you a little trick with which you can change the style of all your photos in just 3 steps.
- Open your image in Photoshop.
- Create a Hue / Saturation Adjustment Layer (Layer> New Adjustment Layer> Hue / Saturation).
- Lower the saturation and raise the luminosity and… Done!
Change the color of an object in Photoshop
With this second technique you can achieve a very precise color change. It is not the easiest way to change a color since you will have to handle the selection tools very well. However, it is most suitable when you need to change to a very specific color. Steps to change the color in Photoshop:
- Open your image in Photoshop.
- Select the object you want to change color.
- Create a new layer keeping the selection.
- Switch to the brush tool and choose the color you need.
- Paint the entire selection with the brush.
- Change the blending mode of the new layer to color.
How to replace colors in Photoshop: basic tutorial
The feature that allows you to completely change or replace the colors of an image with a few simple clicks is one of the most popular with Photoshop users. In most cases, however, you need to crop a certain area of the image first. In this tutorial, we demonstrate three methods for replacing colors without this being necessary.
Replace colors in Photoshop without cropping the image
Just like many other Photoshop features, color replacement can be done in different ways. If for this procedure you decide not to crop an area of the image first. However, it is recommended that you first think about which method is best suited to the subject of the photo.
To do this, it is necessary to observe the image as a whole: does the area to which the color replacement need to be made have a strong contrast with the background. Or is it similar to the latter in terms of color? Either way, Photoshop offers the proper tools to replace certain colors without having to crop the image.
Example 1: change the color of the car
In this first example we want to replace the car color. The focus of the vehicle is excellent and its color stands out clearly against the autumn background. Such characteristics represent the perfect conditions for replacing colors by adjusting hue and saturation: then open the “Adjustments” panel and click on “Hue / saturation”.
The car features a flamboyant shade of cyan, so you can select this color as the color channel to edit. By moving the “Hue” slider , the color will vary according to your settings. A subtle shade of red was chosen for this example, which fits perfectly into an autumnal mood.
It may happen that not all colors are replaced correctly due to the selection of the shade of cyan. To solve this problem it is possible to enlarge the chromatic area to be modified with the color slider located at the bottom of the panel for adjusting hue and saturation.
To do this, click on the rounded cursor and, holding down the left mouse button, move it slightly to the right.
It is essential not to move the cursor too much, as once a certain point is reached, the colors of the rest of the image will also change.
Example 2: Change your eye color in just a few simple clicks
Changing the eye color is a typical example of how to use color replacement in Photoshop. To avoid cropping the image, even in this case you can use the brush tool and paint the area directly. To do this, you must first create a new layer from the “Layers” window and set the blending mode to “Color”.
After that, select the brush and set a low hardness. To save time, holding down the Alt key and the right mouse button at the same time, you can define both the size and the hardness of the brush. Still holding down the right button, move the mouse up or down to respectively increase or decrease the hardness value of the brush and to the right or left to change its size. Once you have set the desired values, paint the area you want to change the color to.
Tip: Be careful not to paint over the edge. If this happens, just undo the last operation with the key combination Ctrl + Z or delete the area colored by mistake with the Eraser tool.
Stay tuned. We always try to present you with informative articles. I will try to present any new information to you in the future. Thank you for reading our article in full. We hope you like it. If you want to know more about “photoshop”, you can let us know by commenting. Thanks.