Lightroom App becomes synonymous with photography. You can hardly find a photographer who doesn’t use it.
Every photographer uses it for organizing, sharing, and photography post-processing workflows. Among these, Presets will be the best feature for photographers.
Applying it, you can make any adjustments and improve the photo look within a second. It reduces your photo editing workflows and allows you to focus on capturing photos.
Considering these benefits of using presets, you may decide to add presets to Lightroom.
But the problem is- you don’t know how to install presets in Lightroom, let alone using it.
In Today’s guide, we will break down how to import Lightroom presets and install them following the step-by-step guide.
The best part is- whether you use Lightroom on PC, MAC, or mobile devices, we will cover everything.
Without further ado, start scrolling down and keep reading.
You May Also Find Interesting:
- 1 How to install presets in Lightroom
- 2 How to Install Presets in Free Lightroom Mobile App
- 3 How to Use A Preset in Lightroom
- 4 How to Use Presets in Lightroom Mobile
- 5 3 Best Presets for Lightroom
- 6 FAQs
- 7 Conclusion
How to install presets in Lightroom
From this section, you can learn how to import presets to different versions of Lightroom.
Install Presets in Lightroom CC:
- First off, run lightroom in your system.
- Head over to File > Import Profiles & Presets from the top menu bar.
- Select the right path and navigate the presets file (zipped file) you downloaded and choose that you want to add.
- Tap on the Import button
- Right-click on the file to rename it if you wish.
- Finally, restart Lightroom software to activate the preset.
Import Presets in Lightroom 4, 5, 6, and C 7.2 Version or older:
- Launch Lightroom first and go to Lightroom > Preferences. On the other hand, head over to Edit > Preferences if you are on PC.
- Once you click on Preferences, it will bring up the Preferences dialogue box where you can find multiple tabs.
- Tap on Presets and then click on Show Lightroom Presets Folder if you are using an older LR version. Alternatively, select the Show all Other Lightroom Presets button.
- Head over and double click on Lightroom > Develop Preset folder. You can find the Unzipped presets file ( XML files or .lrtemplate) in this folder.
- Copy the contents and paste them into the ImportedSettings folder.
- Restart your Lightroom app to activate the preset.
How to Install Presets in Free Lightroom Mobile App
In this chapter, we let you learn how to install Lightroom presets on mobile devices (both on Android & iPhone).
- Upload the .dng file to the cloud storage.
- Launch your Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC for mobile.
- Tap on the three-dot icon from the top-right side of your mobile screen and click on Add Photos.
- Navigate the folder where you save your .dng files.
- Select the file or double-click on it to install it in Lightroom mobile.
- Choose that file you installed and click on the three-dot icon again and select Copy Settings
- Tap on the select all button and deselect Crop from the drop-down menu.
- Click ok.
- Choose a picture you want to edit with Lightroom
- Finally, click on the three-dot icon again and select Paste Settings.
How to Use A Preset in Lightroom
Now, you learned how to install a preset in Lightroom. So, the next step will be how to use it to improve your photo look. And in this section, we will cover it.
- Firstly, choose the photos you want to Edit from the top bar menu.
- Open up the presets panel by clicking on Presets from the bottom.
- Access into the preset category by tapping on a category title.
- To check how your photo will look if you apply the preset, hover over a specific Preset.
- Apply the preset once you like one by clicking on it.
- If you don’t like the effect by applying the preset, just use the Undo or Revert to Original command to remove it.
How to Use Presets in Lightroom Mobile
If you are using Lightroom mobile version app, follow the below steps to use a preset effectively.
- Launch your Lightroom mobile version app.
- Select the image you want to edit.
- From the bottom menu bar, click on Presets.
- After clicking on Presets, it will open up a random collection of presets.
- Start scrolling down to find the preset you wish to apply.
- Finally, tap on the preset to apply it to your photo.
- Click on the Undo icon to remove the preset if you don’t like the effect.
- Tap on the X icon to close the preset menu.
3 Best Presets for Lightroom
There is nothing to say about Lightroom presets. We all know how great they are to make a photo from general to attention-grabbing. Here we will introduce you to the top 3 Lightroom presets that will help you to get awe-inspiring results.
1. Clean Edit Portrait Workflow- Best for Portrait Photographer
Portrait photography editing is just a pain in the neck. But we can’t ignore it as the outcome always defines who is behind the scene. It’s indispensable to edit & retouch the portrait to remove every defect like acne, blemishes, and spots.
But this preset: Clean Edit Portrait Workflow, decreases all of the painful editing workflows. Using this set of presets means all your portrait photos leave crisp, sharp, and clean.
It features 25 portrait brushes including, Dehaze, Eye & Teeth Whitener, De-Noise, and others.
Therefore, you can find 35 layerable clean edit presets like Clean Color, Rich Color, Velvet Color, Filmic, Hazy Matt, and whatnot.
The best part is- it comes with an instruction guide and video tutorial links. In return, you can use them effectively whether you are new in Lightroom or not.
Another heart-winning feature of this preset set is it works on both Mac, PC, and mobile. You can apply the presets to both RAW and JPEG files.
2. Wedding Day- Best for Wedding Photographer
This preset is designed for enhancing wedding photos by fine-tuning white balance, vibrance, and saturation.
Once you apply this in your photo, you can change the overall photo look by tweaking tint and temperature sliders.
Indeed, your dull and reddish wedding photos turn warm, glowing, and crisp by applying this Lightroom preset.
The surprising fact is- it’s completely free to use.
3.Clean & Colorful Millennium Preset Collection- All-in-one
Do you want to make your portrait photo vibrant, make the skin creamy & soft, and enhance the tone?
Then, the Clean & Colorful Millennium Preset Collection is what you look for.
It includes 9 presets that allow you to make your photo alluring with a single click. And the amazing part is- you can customize all 9 presets according to your editing style.
This preset set will be ideal for portrait, wedding, interior, food, architecture, and landscape photography.
- How do I add presets to Lightroom?
Simple. Just head over to Edit > Presets. Click on the three-dot icon from the top right corner. Finally, tap on the Import button to add presets to Lightroom.
- Why are my presets not showing in Lightroom?
Follow the below steps if you can’t see the presets in Lightroom.
- Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Presets.
- Head over to the Presets panel and tap on the three-dot icon to bring a drop-down menu.
- Uncheck- Hide Partially Compatible Presets to let the presets appear you installed.
- Are presets worth buying?
Yes, it’s worth buying presets because you can improve the photo look with a single click. Plus, presets will help you to build your unique photography style.
From the top to bottom of this article, we discussed how to install presets in Lightroom.
Following the step-by-step guide, you can import presets in Lightroom no what devices you use.
Also, we covered how to use them after installing the preset.
Now, what should you do is- follow the guides we recommended and try them to check whether they work for you or not.
Then, leave a comment below to let us know about their validity.